Northwest Journey provides a community-based treatment option by offering comprehensive intervention and preventative services aimed at preventing out of home placements and creating family stability and individual success. In addition, Northwest Journey provides therapeutic support services for children, adolescents, and families transitioning back to the community from out-of-home placements.
Consider Northwest Journey when:
- Counseling and therapeutic intervention is necessary beyond weekly outpatient visits.
- A child or adolescent’s behaviors and/or emotions lead to situations not sufficiently managed at home, in school or in the community.
- Current or previous treatment is not meeting the needs of the child, adolescent, or family.
- Discharge from an inpatient hospital, residential, or group home setting is imminent, and intensive treatment is needed to maintain treatment gains, or to further treatment outcomes.
- A child or adolescent’s behaviors or other mental health issues are impeding success.
Qualifications and Certification
Northwest Journey is a certified children’s mental health day treatment program in accordance with DHS 40. We have Psychologists, Registered Nurses, Psychotherapists, and Mental Health Professionals working as a team to lead the treatment process.
Northwest Journey offers in-person and tele-psychiatry when we are unable to get psychiatric services within the community. No other children’s day treatment offers this service.
Northwest Journey works in cooperation with local schools and counties to provide an intensive community-based treatment alternative. We meet youth where they are by providing half or full-day program options.
Our half and full day programming options provide the least restrictive treatment opportunity for each child. If a child is doing well in the education setting, we want him/her to continue with that success.
Third party payers (Private Insurance or Medical Assistance) fund over 95% of our clients.
Unless an agreement is signed with NW Journey, we will not bill you for our services.
Our business department will work with referral agencies and families to determine and develop coverage plans.
Northwest Journey provides or helps to arrange transportation to and from the program, we can transport individuals 60 miles or more to our sites. Northwest Journey transportation enhances the treatment process because transportation services are provided by staff hired and trained by Northwest Journey. Our transportation staff understand the unique needs of children and can both respond to a client’s needs in a manner consistent with his or her treatment plan as well as communicate with site staff regarding any treatment concerns that arise during transportation times.